There will be three triathlons offered, increasing in difficulty from easiest to hardest. Parents can select a degree of difficulty that is appropriate to their child's ability.
Little kids can participate in the tricycle race!
This kids triathlons begin after parents have completed the triathlon or 5K so they can assist every child in the family to participate in their own special event. Suggested for children 5-12 but no firm age limitations. Parents should select the degree of difficulty that is appropriate to their child’s ability.
Kids triathlons are not timed and awards are not given to keep the pressure down and to celebrate each child as a winner.
There are three triathlons offered, increasing in difficulty from easiest to hardest.
|Level of Difficulty||Run||Bike||Swim|
|Orange (Easiest)||.25 mile||.75 mile||25 yards (1 laps)|
|Purple (Medium)||.5 mile||1.5 mile||75 yards (3 laps)|
|Green (Hardest)||1 mile||3 miles||100 yards (4 laps)|
Kids Triathlon Rules
- Parents will not be allowed to accompany children on the run or bike portions of their races,
- if your child requires assistance in the pool, please be prepared to enter the pool to aid them,
- there will be lifeguards on duty but personal assistance to individual racers will not be available,
- the sequence of the race will be run, bike and then swim,
- to keep the pressure down on children, the Kids Triathlons are not timed; every child is a winner,
- every child will get a Memorial shirt, finisher’s medal and goodie bag!
What is the course like?
This year's Tinman will be located at the Western Regional Little League Headquarters.
Detailed course maps coming soon!